What we look for
Are you prepared to be yourself?
Everyone who joins footsteps brings their own kete - a basket full of knowledge & skills that is unique to us all. We want to fill our kete with as much diversity as possible to ensure our organisation is always growing and improving.
Therefore, we are looking for people who can fill our kete with:
- Individuality – we don’t do beige! We celebrate the difference in our staff and the children they teach
- Passion - for children to give them the best learning experience possible
- Enthusiasm - for being a teacher/kaiako and for our organisation so that it rubs off on others
- Willingness - to get stuck in and move outside your comfort zone
- Determination - to respond to the needs of children and caregivers
- Motivation - to work in partnership with others to achieve individual and team objectives
- Expertise - to share with others and develop further through professional development
- Confidence - to build relationships and spread the word about footsteps
What are the requirements for a teacher/kaiako role?
We require a minimum of a degree or diploma of teaching in Early Childhood Education. We also support provisionally registered teachers/kaiako in gaining their full registration.
We are looking for teacher's/kaiako who have:
- A commitment to maintaining high quality learning programmes in a home setting
- Thorough understanding of Te Whāriki
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Great organisational and planning skills
- Strong relationship builder
- A home office and computer
- A good standard of computer literacy
- Full drivers licence