Step 1: Get started
Your child/tamaiti is:
- Birth to 5 (or 6 if not at school)
- Has a caregiver/kaitiaki (such as an in-home caregiver, friend, or relative) and care takes place for minimum hours?
If so, you can join the footsteps learning programme by calling us on 0800 366 878.
Step 2: Meet footsteps
Our teacher/kaiako arranges an initial visit to your
home with your whānau to:
- Meet your child/tamaiti and caregiver/kaitiaki
- Explain how the learning programme works
- Complete enrolment forms and health & safety
Now the real fun can start...
Step 3: Away we go
The footsteps programme begins providing:
- 1:1 Support - for your child/tamaiti & caregiver/kaitiaki
- Monthly visits - to your chosen home
- Learning Resources - tailored to your child's/tamaiti interests and abilities
- Learning Journal - a folder full of your child’s/tamaiti achievements and memories
To enrol now, call 0800 366 878 or to apply online click here.